LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

A PRABHAKARAN (chemist)     13 July 2014

Inter state marriage registeration

My marriage is going to be held on next year January. Before that ,we are planned for engagement on month september of this year.

Since the bride is from Pondy and i belongs to Tamil nadu . Moreover inter religion marriage .  Now my question is where marriage registration is to be done legally? Whether Tamil Nadu or Pondy ? .

Because from bride side they are saying that after engagement, next day we will arrange for marriage registration in Pondy. Is it possible? Please kindly advise me ..advance thanks friends.

Learning

6 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     13 July 2014

Inter religion marraige is  possible only under Spl Marriage Act and requires registeration.

(Guest)

Like sudhir sir said that inter-religion marriage needs to be registered un Special Marriage Act. And for registration place for marriage is the place where marriage is been done. In ur case it is Pondy so let it be in Pondy. No issues with that since its all Indian jurisdiction.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     13 July 2014

Further, in case you want to pre-pone the matrimonial discord before marriage then make an ego  issue for registering in your state.

K.K.Ganguly (Advocate)     13 July 2014

After the marriage is over, the said marriage can me registered in either of the places. Alternatively, there can be a registry marriage at the place of the bride or the groom. One of my client had religious marriage conducted at Durgapur West Bengal with her friend staying at Noida. The said maiiage was registered at Noida.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     14 July 2014

I agree to the views of Mr. Sudhir Kumar that since this being an inter religion marriage, it has to be registered under Special Marriages Act only.  If the marriage is proposed to be solemnised at Pondy, it is better to register the same from  Pondicherry itself by observing the formalities stipulated therein in that state.

Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005 email:adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com)     22 July 2014

Marriage can be registered in either state but i think there will be some fix in it.

Why they are in hurry to register your marriage??

Coz i got lots of cases like this.

Now a days Girls are very smart. they got engaged, register their marriage and without going to their husband place, file forged cases like 498 a etc. and once marriage is registered, liability of husband starts.

So think it and you should have proof that it was only engagement and not marriage, coz they will try to click some snaps like making feras in the name of custom.

Good Luck.

Regards

adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register