Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shashank (Web Designer)     28 June 2013

Insurance service

Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is Shashank Shrivastava resident from Delhi (Saket). I have a maruti alto k10 VXI (2011-model),

By 31st of March 2013 I was coming back from my home town (Gwalior M.P.) to Delhi with my wife after celebrating holi festival. I choose the Taj Expressway from Agra (U.P.) to reach fast at home. but unfortunatly as soon as i cross he first toll from agra suddenly one car hit my car from back and I lost my control from sterring. and after that fortunatly my wife and me was safe but my car was badly damaged it was not the running condition.

Without delay once I came back on my sence at the accident point I first called to customer care number to my Insurance company that is TATA AIG personal car insurance. A girl pick the call and I said all about the accident and I make my request launch. As I am not familier about the Agra I asked that customer care girl please help to find the Authorised maruti car service center but after asking so much time she only one reply once you find the service center call us back will send the car serveyour at that place.

After two days I find one service center my self that name was Madhusoodan car workshop, after that I took leave from office, went to agra, called the crane service, tow my car and i reached the workshop after inspection the workshop engineer said that we dont have any agreement with TATA aig what ever the coasting you have to pay by cash and you have to settaldown your Insurance company own. I refused him and with the help of car serveyour Mr. Rajesh Gupta he suggest one more work shop that was Prime motors again I tow my car and reached the prime motors they give the full asurance that will work for your car after 5 days they make the estimate bill which something about 2.95lack which refused Insurance company to pay.

After 15 days Insurance company Advisor mr. Manoj Jha called me to come to his office to settaldown the matter. Again I took leave from office and I reached his office by evening in Delhi. After some discussion He said that Prime motors not able to work on my car the estimate which Insurance company made that is amount 1.50 lak. And then he suggest one more workshop in agra that is Rodex. by 10 june my car reached there I have submitted all the paper at the earlist. After that I personally meet with rodex workshop incharge mr. Shahni, After the conversation with him he gave full surity to work on the car with given estimate and deliver the car with in one month of july 1st week. But today is 27th of june I called him on his cell I asked about my car status he said will take more 45 days to build after long discussion he said I cant work on your car please come and take it from here.

After that I again went agra to see my car status but I was surprised to saw my car the car was as it is lying as i left that time the dust is covered the car. From 10 june to till date I dint saw any progress on my car.

From the day one I was fasing Mental Harrasment from Customer care, wrong Behavious from Field Executive, Spoil my family trips, Cause of Depration and Tension I could not focus on work and  taking a frequently leave from ofc my company said me resign on immidiate basis. Now I am jobless cause of TATA aig or workshop behaviour. Now I want to go to the consumer and want to case against them.

Please help & Advise

Shashank Shrivastava

Learning

4 Replies

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     28 June 2013

it is sad that the behaviour of the Car Workshop and the field executive had caused so much trouble to you. you may go to the consumer forum but only against the Tata Aig as you have paid insurance premium to them. Further, had you paid any amount to the Car Workshops???? if yes, then you can make them the party in the dispute.

Also, the insurance Company deducts depreciation on certain parts of the Car. have you checked how much depreciation was being deducted by the insurance company??????

Kindly revert.

Regards,

Advocate Rohit Dalmia

Mumbai

Shashank (Web Designer)     28 June 2013

Sir thanks for the quick responce, I just paid the tow van charges  two times and As per the insurance company they made the estimate of rs. 1.50 lac  for that I have to pay 50k (+,-) and 1 lac (+,-) Insurance company will pay if my car repair...

But 3 months has left and there is no progress till date and now I dont want to repair my car and I want to sattelment against this for that how should I approach for the consumer against TATA aig..

Please Advise...

Shashank Shrivasatva

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     28 June 2013

kindly call on the given number.

Regards,

Advocate Rohit Dalmia

Mumbai

V Kumar (Asipiring L)     18 August 2013

Shashank, Sorry to see this terrible situation u faced. I hope it has gotten resolved by now at least??? I run a small insurnace blog with prices and reputation information for car insurers like TATA AIG etc at theinsurer.in . I have often noticed that unfortunately, we miss reputation of insurance companies when purchasing car insurnace. I have seen often people go with cheap names of private players, but did you know that private insurers reject 5-15X claims compared to other insurers?

I hope your problem gets resolved, if not already - I am writing to hear how your experience ended. WOuld love to hear back form you.

Thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register