Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gajender Singh (ca)     03 October 2012

Insurance claim nightmare

Hi,

My vehicle was stolen in Nov 2009. I registered FIR and inform the Insurance Company. The investigator asked(on phone) these documents for processing claime: FIR, Bill/invoice, RC, Insurance Policy, original keys, pollution certificate.

Investigator came and i show him all above documents. He then asked(verbally) for following documents:-Final Untrace Report approved by Court, Mobile bills of last  2 months, Bank statement of 6 months, Transcriptt of Call to 100, Vehicle Inquiry report from NCRB, RTO Particulars of Registration, Letter to RTO for safety of Registration Documents. 

It took me 2 years to get the Final Untrace Report by Court and finally got it Jan 2012. When i approaced Insurance company they now are asking (in written) for more docuemnts:- Letter to SHO to return vehicle to Insurance Company if found, Proof of existence of vehicle, Proof of information to insurance company within 48 hrs of theft, original keys.

Is there any specific list of documents required to claim theft vehicle claim or the insurance company is rightly asking me all these documents. I am totally harrassed and frustrated now arranging all documents.

Please guide me if insurance company is correct.

Learning

4 Replies

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     03 October 2012

You may contact Mr. Mahesh Kumar Dalmia on 9869015722 (Mumbai) as he is an expert in the insurance.

he shall provide you proper guidance against the payment of nominal fees.

Regards,

Advocate Rohit Dalmia

Mumbai

DISHA D. SHAH (lawyer)     19 November 2012

in most case no insurance company giving calim without involving court , so  dont waste time  because of period of limitation so contact to lawyer

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     23 June 2013

is it govt insuranc eco.

V Kumar (Asipiring L)     13 August 2013

Actually in my opinion government insurance companies fare much better in payouts for insurance. This data is publicly available with the Insurance Regulatory Development Authority as well. Just go there and see public disclosures, you will find that private auto insurance players (barring a few) have abysmal records when it comes to paying claims - some of them have rejection rates of >40%!!!!

I was researching this for my blog and was frankly shocked . 

I think while private players may feel more active in signing you on as a customer, customers are generally very happy with the liks of SBI General, IFFCO Tokio, etc. Also ICICI seems pretty good amongst private players.

Which insurance provider do you have? Regardless, I do agree with the opinion above stated by Disha that auto insurance matters frequently involve courts, unfortunately.

BEst,

VK

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register