LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

hema (law officer)     26 May 2014

Innocents

Last week I was in Hyderabad and my uncle - friend's father -  asked me to accompany him to register her daughter's name in the marriage bureau there.  Being an Andhrite, he wanted Telugu bride-groom.  At the time of registration, the bureau incharge showed us a chart to pick our choice.  The chart contains the columns - the bridegroom's names, their caste, their educational qualification, their present emplyment status, with a special highlight in RED if they are NRI, their ancestral property (Agricultural as well as Residential) and final column is  the dowry they would take for marriage.  The dowry they expect is in bold figures.  They vary according to their qualification, caste and their assets.  The Reddys, The Kammas, The Kapus, the Brahmins, the Banias (komati in their language), the S.C.s, the S.T.s.  The dowry figure runs from crores to lakhs.   SO OPENLY THEY DEMAND DOWRY.  And I found out that it is quite natural there. Now, I read on this forum from the boys "I have not taken single paisa as dowry, but that devil filed a fake case under Section 498-A and has been harassing my parents and has moved application for impounding my passport", I get a full guffaw.  How strange these boys are?  They swindle the money at the time of marriage and when cases are filed, they call them fake cases and demand for repeal of Section 498-A.  What an irony?

Learning

6 Replies

(Guest)
Madam in todays world due to mental incompatibility between the couple the marriage becomes a failed marriage....but just to settle scores the girls families rather than settling the matter amicably they file false 498A cases to extract maximum money from grooms family and to answer ur post if demanding dowry is a crime simultaneously giving dowry is also a crime as per Indian law why do girls parents marry there daughter in the family where dowry is demanded.....but why r u not questioning that fact.....pls go thru iota of judgements passed by different courts

(Guest)
Madam in todays world due to mental incompatibility between the couple the marriage becomes a failed marriage....but just to settle scores the girls families rather than settling the matter amicably they file false 498A cases to extract maximum money from grooms family and to answer ur post if demanding dowry is a crime simultaneously giving dowry is also a crime as per Indian law why do girls parents marry there daughter in the family where dowry is demanded.....but why r u not questioning that fact.....pls go thru iota of judgements passed by different courts

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     27 May 2014

What do you want to say?, what do you want to clarify by posting this issue?  Do you have any personal issue that you are indirectly hinting at?  Please come out with proper details if you want any opinion.

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     27 May 2014

you are giving information or???? what intention you have ? pl.clear

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     29 May 2014

There is absolutely  no idea that what Brave heart want to say to the subject query.  Any suggestions given in English can benefit everyone in common.

Solomon Raju (Advocate High Court of A.P.)     30 May 2014

Madam, I think you have not posed any question just expressed your pain. I hope you are upset due to something either in your life or some of your relative's life. Please close this thread...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register