LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ravivakill (ADVOCATE)     11 June 2017

Injuction and declaration for electricity

Can you guide me and let me know about Supreme Court or High Court Decision regarding the protection of possession. The case is in this way I am in the possession of shop since 1987 but electricity meter is in the name of Landlord but all the bills I am paying. Now landlord complaint to the electricity board to remove the meter from shop premises can he do this or will I protect by law? If any judgment is available in favour of tenant? Please let me know?

Learning

4 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     11 June 2017

If he wants to evict you he has do it through due process of law.he can't cut electricity or water connection.if he does so you can make an application before the court for restoring the connection

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     12 June 2017

I agree with Saravanan.

Ivan   12 June 2017

You will surely have a contract which is valid. File a complaint with respective office and remember to claim damages for the period of disconnection of power.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     12 June 2017

You file a suit against the landlord with a caveat in court asking for an order to the Electricity board not to disconnect until the case is disposed of. If the power was disconnected even before you go to court ask for reconnection.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register