Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Advocate Shivchand Mishra (Lawyer)     26 December 2014

Individually settling of case

Respected Experts,

I with my neighbour have filed a civil case in bombay high court against builder for his illegal construction. my neighbour is main party in that case and i am as ANR (Eg: my neighbour and ANR). One of my cousin has informed me that builder has approached my neighbour for settlement and after a talk between the builder and my neighbour and they have settled the case internally on a condition that my neighbour will lose the case in court. But when asked about this to my neighbour he refused to comment any thing. my question is what can i do if my neighbour settles the case and does not discloses the fact?

Note:
1) i am abroad for next 2 mths on official project.
2) Lawyer is a good friend of my neighbour.

Please advise what can i do i am going to lose the case?

Learning

2 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     26 December 2014

Dear, Also appoint your advocate in this case and make sure he handles the case along...... Don't depend on him .... He must have taken money from .... Kapil Chandna Adv .9899011450

Advocate Shivchand Mishra (Lawyer)     29 December 2014

Respected Experts,

Please let me know in the above mentioned situation,

1) Can my neighbour alone settle the case out of court without involving me (with settlement agreement) as i am the 2nd petitioner (ANR) and
2) if he can settle the case out of court without involving me, can i restart the case again if he does not involves me in closure agreement?

Request your humble advice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register