Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashish (Student)     05 May 2011

Incorrect PAN given to company

Hi

I had given wrong PAN to company and company deducted TDS. When company issued me the Form16 at year end (in 2008-09). I noticed that and informed company. Company gave fresh Form16 with correct PAN.

I filed the return assuming that TDS has been deducted and deposited nil tax.

But tax was not deposited in my PAN account and now I received the letter from IT department for filing the tax.

Now how to put it right.

Ashish

Learning

2 Replies

Asha Pole (Legal)     10 May 2011

You will have to request the company to revise their returns...but incase they do not agree, then I am sorry to say , you will have to pay the tax as well as penalty amount towards the delay. The only option to save your money is by pleading them.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     14 May 2011

When your employer credits your TDS in bank, it gets posted in the Tax Information Network [tin] and you can view it under Form 26AS. For your assessing officer also that is the authentic source of information. The old fashioned practice of filing form 16 and/or 16A along with the return is no more there. Even if you file Form16 your assessing officer will not take it into account. As such you have no hope to the best of my knowledge. If you want you can contact the PRO at IT office and try to find out.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register