Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     11 May 2016

In India,what is the future of spouse divorced over his handicap?

there are laws which say that if a person's spouse develops certain handicap/ailment due to whuch gets bedridden and cannot perform marital obligations,his partner can seek a divorce.

on face this sounds relieving to the partner who gets divorce on this ground.now he is "free" and can remarry.

but has the govt thought about the handicapped person?what will happen to him?

his parents and siblings may/may not keep him,and more so if she's a female.

such a person may not get a job because he cant move around.

he may end up as destitute.while giving azaadi to his partner(who married only for s*x) the govt is challenging the hindu rituals which say that marriage is a sacrement.partners are to remain in sorrows also;not just in joy.

govt simply passes rules of abandoning handicapped people because they are "worthless" for partner.however does this govt ever make any plans to rehabilitate them,or do they live like destitutes forever?

Learning

15 Replies

Dana Kayoni (Expert Humanitarian and Lawyer)     12 May 2016

Originally posted by : Roshni B..
there are laws which say that if a person's spouse develops certain handicap/ailment due to whuch gets bedridden and cannot perform marital obligations,his partner can seek a divorce.

on face this sounds relieving to the partner who gets divorce on this ground.now he is "free" and can remarry.

he may end up as destitute.while giving azaadi to his partner(who married only for s*x) the govt is challenging the hindu rituals which say that marriage is a sacrement.partners are to remain in sorrows also;not just in joy.

govt simply passes rules of abandoning handicapped people because they are "worthless" for partner.however does this govt ever make any plans to rehabilitate them,or do they live like destitutes forever?

Roshini:

This is a academic question.

Modi supposedly the best man for the post who though married has pledged his life to the betterment of the country itself does not attend any parliament sessions, is busy making trips to forrinn countries.  What can you expect of such govt?

Population of India is 1.252 billion (2013). Google does not show how much it is as on today.

You are talking about handicap.  Crores of people get married every day.  Spouses dont fulfill their duties as they are supposed to, some act like handicap, some act as if marrying was not on their mind.  Some stay together inspite of one spouse living in adultery, or without having s*x.  court is for people who do not solve their problems among themselves.

Marriage is a state of mind.  mean to say, being married is a state of mind, there are people who are married, but behave as if they are not, there are people who are not married but behave as if they are.

Marriage is a part of life not life itself.  Finally its how much importance you give to whom and what, that determines your happiness.

Marriage or divorce or single or illness or handicap, finally one's main goal should be to remain happy with whatever one has got.

Got the point?

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     12 May 2016

your answer is philosophical.i respect your thoughts.however it's unrelated to the point i raised in the forum,ie,WHATS THE FUTURE OF MARRIED HANDICAPPED PERSONS IN INDIA?

Our society,laws encourage their spouse to leave them.

but no one thinks where will they go now.even if their parents care,they also cant live forever.

any crippling health issue can strike a married person at any time.so,does it mean he should now be abandoned?

that being the case nowadays,why do people celebrate a marriage in the family with so much spending on it.after all,it's stability has become conditional,thanks to such laws and s*x hungry people!

stanley (Freedom)     12 May 2016

Abe Roshni , 

She can seek alimoney as she would be bed ridden and she is unemployed  . Than we have several centers in india which care for them and as when they grow old there are old age homes . 

Originally posted by : stanley

Abe Roshni , 
MIND YOUR LANGUAGE.THIS IS A LEGAL FORUM.YOU UST BE USING THIS LANGUAGE WITH YOUR AQUAINTANCES.DON'T USE WITH ME!

She can seek alimoney as she would be bed ridden and she is unemployed

REALLY!i DIDN'T KNOW THIS!THANKS FOR ENLIGHTENING ME WITH THIS NEW PIECE OF INFO!

BTW,how can throwing a few thousnd rupees on a handicapped person's face help him,when he can't even go to the market to buy milk?He needs continuous support if you know!

Then we have several centers in india which care for them and as when they grow old there are old age homes . 

Really,such centres care!I'm sure their attendants are like mother teresa who will remain with such a person 24/7.BTW,have you read any news that indian centres for orphans,destitutes,handicapped,etc do not treat them well.often they are subjected to s*xual harassment,beatings,etc.in few cases,orphans tried to escape from such centres.I believe either you don't live in india,or you live in a dream world.even normal people here have to fight for their basic rights and dignified survival.and you talk of disadvantaged groups who you believe are treated with dignity and care!

come out of your dream world!

Neil   12 May 2016

I guess in this discussion we are just talking about Handicap wives, what if Husband turns handicap after marriage and the wife dessertshim after marriage? and files false cases agnst him, 

Please if you can elaborate, is there any law to support handicap husband?

@neil

read my very first post and also the second post.

then tell me where i mentioned handicapped "wife".

it's stanley who had started talking about wife.so i replied accordingly.

my post is not about "law supporting handicapped person".read again

it questions today's judgements and society whch treats handicapped people cruelly by making such laws which encourage their abandonment in marriage just because they got crippled.which is not their fault.

Originally posted by : Roshni B..

Referenc is made with the pronoun "he " 

reference is made by the pronoun " him "  

reference is made with the pronoun "his " 

Roshni i know how old you are on this foroum and now are you referring to he , him as females and i know  and how you react on this foroum  :-)

Neil   12 May 2016

I am not pointing fingers on any-one mam, No offence meant.

but I want some effective things/judgements, which will help me in fighting such case by my better half......

@ Roshni 

you are stating this as a legal foroum than ask legal questions . you state your post is not about law . Its high time you first go about and do some good service for the handicap by asisting them and helping them in their difficulties .We should practice what we preach and set an example for others rather thn raising questions .

Neil   12 May 2016

Please experts, if you have some judgements/ciatations which can be used for handicap husband for the purpose of opposing false DV case filed by his wife?

Can a husband file a Divorce based on DV case filed by his wife based on curelty and deseration?

Thanks in advance,

N.

if she has filed false cases than when it comes to evidence stage how will she prove the same and her case would fall apart 

Originally posted by : Neil
Please experts, if you have some judgements/ciatations which can be used for handicap husband for the purpose of opposing false DV case filed by his wife?

Can a husband file a Divorce based on DV case filed by his wife based on curelty and deseration?

Thanks in advance,

N.

@ neil,

do you have any forum etiquettes?if yes,please start a new thread for your own query.don;t interfere in someone else's thread which is not even talking about judgements.

request citations and judgements in the "judgemements" forum,or in a new form in family law.

Neil   12 May 2016

Thanks for the reply Mam,

I am physically disabled person, and I have started many threads before,

Ciatations and judgements I was asking would have helped "YOUR" general thread.

I am a sufferer even in the wheel chair that I am sitting in while sending you this reply, and asking for some defends in a false case filed by my better half.

Is a handicap thread is not meant for handicap persons to reply?

Thanks in advance,

N.

stanley (Freedom)     13 May 2016

@ Roshni 

old habits never die . Stop lecturing and if you have some advise than give it to Neil .

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register