Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Indian   03 February 2019

In 498a wife side witness not appearing what can be done?

Friends, In my 498a case following is the status: - Wife cross is completed. - Wife mother and brother are the witness and they are not appearing for witness statement. Two notices already sent to them and none is returned back yet and approx 4 months has been passed. I have to travel a very long distance to attend every date and nothing is moving forward. Do I need to ask my lawyer to move and application of hostile witness? Do I need to ask my lawyer to get the warrant issued? Any other suggestion is helpful..

Learning

3 Replies

Suhail suhail (LAWYER)     03 February 2019

You can ask your Lawyer to press in court for appearnace of witnesses,The court can  close the defense if they don appear after recording that  last and final oppurtunity to produe the witnesses was given but they filed to appear.

Like that there case would be weaker and short of evidance to prove  the offence. 

Shashi Dhara   03 February 2019

This is one type of delay tactics .it is usually common in law.each advocate does it as far and against their cases No extreme law can stop it. So if any one steps to court he have much patience wait for yrs be calm Try to solve calmly.

Indian   04 February 2019

Didn't get what you want to say. Are you saying there is nothing we can do except waiting for years for them to appear?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register