LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rsp (ceo)     01 March 2012

Imp matter

dear sir, my brother had given a cheque of fifty thousand which has been bounced. he party had sent us a notice to pay the money. so he is ready to pay that amount. pls sugest me how to pay that money since that party is very cunning. can he deposit the cash in his account? since the cheque of which bank he gave is no longer in use now. so how to repay this transaction. he has said that u can transfer amount in his account and once the money comes he will return that cheque. but we dont believe him. he might not return the cheque. dears sirs. kindly give advise coz that party is from kerala and my brother from maharasthtra so he cant go to court dates every time. pls pls suggest.

Learning

4 Replies

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     01 March 2012

As he has issued a demand notice. You should reply that you are ready to pay the said amount through draft. and mention the draft No. on the reply. you can request to return the said cheque on the reply also. Keep safe the photo copy of your answer and draft also.

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     02 March 2012

Pay money against return of cheque only.

R Trivedi (advocate.dma@gmail.com)     02 March 2012

You are under pressure and now you have to pay within 15 Days of receipt of the notice. If you cannot exchange with the cheque, then make a DD in his name from the same Bank. Make a letter instructing the Bank for stop payment and mentioning the reasons that the said cheque is being stopped as the payment has been made by DD # & date, and also stating the notice details. Keep a copy of all these letter along with the photocopy of the DD. Send a registered letter to this man along with DD and a letter mentioning these facts. If still that man plays trick with you, please let the forum know.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     04 March 2012

Agreed with Mr. Trivedi.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register