Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anudeep (Project Manager)     08 September 2014

Illegal encroachment on public land

Hello Friends,

Everyone knows that filling a PIL or fighting for the people's right in our country is really tough. Fortunately, I have gathered courage and would like to proceed with someone professional or his guidance (having same interest) in doing something social. I am ready for this social commitment.

Brief:

We as a family have some industrial property in an area known as "Anand Parbat Industrial Area", Karol Bagh, Delhi-110005 (comes under MCD-Karol Bagh Zone).
Note: This case is not related anyhow to our property.
My father was managing a business in the above mentioned premises. He was one of the oldest, setting up his establishment and was also President of the Association. In this area there are quite a few public land patches and several miscreants were after it (wanted illegal occupation). But, only because of my father they were not able to do it. Unfortunately, my father passed away in March 2005. As you can guess, the miscreants started to occupy the public land. And so far they have occupied some land and have managed to build only ground floor and could not proceed as I wrote to the local municipal authorities/DDA etc. One of the occupants is a politically connected person from the party in power. I want to file a PIL and get the unauthorized property demolished and the wrong doers punished. I am aware that the local MCD officials, Police, electricity department officials are involved. Maybe that  piece of vacant land could be used as a green park instead of wealth for these miscreants.

Please let me know, how we can proceed.

Thanks & Regards,

Anudeep Gupta

Learning

2 Replies

Rakesh (Partner)     08 September 2014

Hi Anudeep , it's really SAD that in this country anything like this is possible, even I am with similar situation, area called sewri in Mumbai .. There is a land opposite my building which is showing as reserved for public garden, has been encroached by the local goon who is well connected with local MLA ... I have tried to get him out by complaining in several government departments and same day I have been called to his office and threatened by his men. I know it's sad but I had to give up this fight. Good luck to you.

P.THANGAVEL (ADVOCATE & LEGAL CONSULTANT)     09 September 2014

Dear Sir,

It is good that you are concerned for public cause.but take care of your safety & security.Instead of fighting it alone , try to form a group/association of like minded people of your locality or take the assistance of reputed NGO operating in the locality. Best of luck

with regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register