LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Reddy   25 March 2016

Icici credit card fraud transactions

Dear Lawyers, I had icici credit card and i was moved to abroad for company assignment in 2006. credit card was getting expired in 2008 and i was at onsite till 2012. So, i was not bothered about credit card and left it because anyway it is getting expired in 2008 , i had cleared all my dues before i travelled to abroad in 2006. in 2013 i got a call from icici agent saying i have unpaid amount of around 80k INR which needs to be settled.  I told them that i have settled everything and asked them to give me the statement. after a month they have sent the statement , it has 2 domestic flight bookings in Nov-2007, one in Sahara airlines and one in Spicejet totalling around 35k INR. Card limit was 42K INR and interests and penalties they have added every month upto 80k INR. I have told them that i can give all sort of proofs which i was not in India and i will not pay which is not used by me. They have asked me for settlement and they said they can come down to 40k min which i can pay and settle. I said 40K also big amount and i will not pay because it is not used by me. After a month of regular discussions they have stopped calling me. after 3 years, recently agian they have started calling me and asking for the settlement. They have called one of my friend and asked him to inform me to answer their calls.

Please suggest what action i can take now?.. i have passport with clear details of  abroad travel. I have not used those domestic flight bookings, they are fraud transactions. i would have paid if they are really made by me. why should i pay for fraud transactions?

Thank you.

Learning

3 Replies

Binter Picha   25 March 2016

First get your entire details from the day you left the country with you and then discuss an advocate (preferably family advocate,as it will cost you low or free, as you won't be able to continue the case unless they pursue and many things etc.etc.) and serve a legal notice to the company. Thereafter, wait for their reply, which will be your subsequent cause of action for defamation suit or to file suit in the District Consumer forum for harassment.  

Kumar Doab (FIN)     25 March 2016

Were you using the card for 'On Line Transactions' and were issued with 3D password?

Was the password compromised?

Reddy   26 March 2016

i dont exactly remember whethere i have used the card for on line transacions or not. card was taken in 2004 and used till mid of 2005 where i moved to onsite. password was not shared to anyone. i just forgot about that card after i moved to onsite beacuse i had cleared all the dues before travelling and also card was getting expired in 2008.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register