LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raj   26 July 2015

Icici bank

I took loan of Rs 5 lac from icici bank with 24 month period. But I paid back full loan after 5 months and bank impose foreclosure fees of Rs. 13000+

as per RBI, foreclosure penlaity on pra id loan can not be imposed.

i inform the bank but they don agree to refund the penlaity.

What can I do, plz help me

Raj

Learning

6 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     27 July 2015

Sir,

Read the RBI guidelines regarding the same and then write a formal application seeking refund of the same .

Warm Regards

Kapil Chandna Advocate

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     27 July 2015

First search in RBI website and download the directive.

Then write to Bank as a complaint mentioning the violation and stipulation in RBI.

Wait for 15 days  and issue Registered notice seeking immediate refund with Bank Minimum lending rate.

After one month from the issue of Registered notice file a complaint before Banking Ombudsman, the address of which you can find from any Bank's/RBI website.

Raj   27 July 2015

I asked Icici bank to send me the document in which RBI permit them to charge foreclosure penality on the prepaid loan, but Icici bank deny to provide such documentation...

Kumar Doab (FIN)     27 July 2015

Did you ask in writing and did the bak reply in writing?

Or did you record when you asked and bank replied?

Asking,telling,saying should be on record (audio/visual/minuted/witnessed).

The RBI has issued guidelines on Home Laon on floating ROI.

You may check if the RBI has issued directicves for personl loan too.

In any case M/s ICICI Bank is duty bound to supply each reply and document.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     27 July 2015

All important guidelines/directives concerning General Public are uploaded both by IBA and RBI in their websites in most of the cases.  First check their websites and down load the directive.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     27 July 2015

Every private bank charges 5% of the outstanding loan as prepayment/forclosure charges.They clearly mention it in the loan agreement.But it is against the strictures of RBI.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register