Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Daksh (Student)     08 September 2010

IS MEDIA A MOUTHPIECE OF ESTABLISHMENT!!!!!!!

Dear All,

I read in print media, I saw on television regarding the call of strike given by the Doctors of Safdarjung Hospital and of Jaipur.

The role of the media is limited to ending the strike by playing the blame game without being unaware about the factual truth - on more than one occasion they even went to the extent of cutting short the guests (being the Union Leader of Doctors at Safdarjung Hospital).  It was evident that it was only a premeditated exercise to play with public sentiments with a view to increase the TRP.

In view of the above is it not a high time that a Functional Regulator qua the media be put at place.

Kindly opine.

Thanking You all.

Best Regards

Daksh

Learning

4 Replies

(Guest)

So Daksh, a very important issue you have taken up here but I am afraid if you yet treat my entry for politicalre mileage and misuse LCI for recruitment for DRF.  OR should I first pack up the DRF and than come here to comment ? 

Democratic Indian (n/a)     09 September 2010

Media is well known to create hype without investigating the real truth. In many cases they also serve the purpose of vested interests. People should not take everything of media or government at face value. They should also use their independent mind, logic and judgment. Your idea to have a Functional Regulator qua the media be put at place is highly dangerous to democracy in long run. Beauty of democracy lies in the freedom and liberty of people and not in curbing them under one pretext or color of "regulation" to curb the freedom of expression. It is the people who need wise and clever to figure out the truth and lies of government, media or any entity for that matter.

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     09 September 2010

" IS MEDIA A MOUTHPIECE OF ESTABLISHMENT"

It seems so.  Or they may face difficulties, like tehalka correspondents are facing.

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     09 May 2016

1) In democratic country like India media is fourth pillar . hence it was not correct that media was mouth peace.

Thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register