Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Neil (Sr. Manager)     30 September 2014

INTERFAITH MARRIAGE- Urgent Help Required

Greetings!

I'm looking for some advice and help as I am stuck with a major dilemma.

I am a Hindu guy from India and I'm in love with a Persian (Iranian) Muslim girl. We both love each other and want to marry, and settle down soon.

I am aware of the 'Special Marriage Act, 1954', but is that the best option to get married? I'd also like to add that I do not want convert my religion and at the same time I do not want my lover to convert her religion as well. Is the conversion of either party absolutely necessary? Also, what will be the documents and formalities required for the marriage? Does she have to get a NOC from the Iran Embassy by compulsion? If yes, will the Iran Embassy be liberal to provide the NOC to her without her or my conversion or will it be absolutely necessary to convert?

I respect all religions and really don't wish either of us to convert. With regard to the aforementioned scenario, what would be the best possible way out?

Any advice/ comments/ suggestions will be really helpful and mean a lot to me.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

Neil

Learning

4 Replies

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     30 September 2014

Apart from SPA you also have the Foreign Marriage Act of 1963, which is similar to SPA, which is more convenient in a case when one of the party is a foreigner.

Neil (Sr. Manager)     30 September 2014

Hi!

Thanks for replying. Can you clarify if an NOC is necessary from the Iran Embassy in India for the 'Foreign Marriage Act, 1963'? Also, how difficult is it to get the NOC? Will that be manageable without any religious convertion? Finally, what are the complexities associated with the FMA and how is it different from SPA as far as the minute legal aspects are concerned?

Thanks,

Neil

Vickey Seerapu (Lawyer)     30 September 2014

For these inter-caste marriages one should apply under Speical Marriage Act which an Advcoate can guide you as in Chamber discussion ways. Dont worry brother now a days they are plenty of inter marriage are going on. If both of you have mutual understand then no need to change the religion. Be happy have a wonderful life. Consult a advocate for the SPECIAL MARRIAGE ACT.,

Neil (Sr. Manager)     01 October 2014

Thank you for the replies.

Can anyone kindly address the following 2 points specifically please?

1. In case of marriage by 'Special Marriage Act' or 'Foreign Marriage Act' with my foreigner lover, will I require the No Objcetion Certificate (NOC) from the Iraninan Embassy in India?

2. To provide the NOC, will the Iranian Embassy ask for a religion conversion certificate or can that be by-passed?

Any suggestions and replies on these 2 specific points will really be helpful.

Thanks,

Neil

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register