Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sumeet   22 December 2017

I was charged falsely in three criminal cases (Act 394 ,398 & 403),After some years i was acquitted by court in benefet of doubt.I am preparing in upsc.Can i will be eligible for IPS?

I was charged falsely in three different criminal cases (Act 394 ,398 & 403),But after some years i was acquitted by court in benefit of doubt.I am preparing in upsc.Can i will be eligible for IPS or Appointment athourity will reject me because there is three-three criminal cases and i am acquittal on benefit of doubt?

Learning

7 Replies

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     22 December 2017

Yes, but you shall be required to give the details of case and the order passed by the court.

Sudip (IT)     27 December 2017

Best of luck and you will. Be an IPS and break the system....!!

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     29 December 2017

SInce the acuitaal is on benefit of doubt (not on merit) your appointment will be a matter of luck.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     29 December 2017

Punishment under IPC - 403 is only 2 years imprisonment. But the punishments under 393 and 398 are 10 years and 7 years imprisonments respectively. Hence I am afraid you may have problem. If it is not too late you can go on appeal. 

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     30 December 2017

I only stated the position is law.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     19 March 2018

Mr. Sudhir Kumar seems to prepare an index for lawyers club posts. Will be useful.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register