Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

love (MR)     12 March 2013

I want to marry with my first cousin

HI,

MY SELF ARUN FROM NORTH INDIA HARYANA STATE I AM HERE TO NEED URGENT HELP FOR MY LIFE AND FUTURE ALSO, FIRST I WANT TO TELL ABOUT MY FAMILY WAS HINDUS FIRST AND NOW WE ARE NEW BORN IN CRISTINIATY FROM LAST 21 YEARS, AND MY COUSIN’S FAMILY HINDU’S PROBLEM  IS THAT WE ARE LOVE EACH OTHER WANT TO SPEND WHOLE LIFE WITH EACH OTHER’S AND WANT TO MERRIAGE, BUT TILL DATE WE ARE HIDING OUR RELATION TO OUR FAMILIES, NOW I AM IN SO CRITICAL CONDITION WE ARE SO CONFUSE HOW WILL SOLVE THIS PROBLEM AND CAN MERRIAGE TO EACH OTHER, MY COUSINE IS PERFECT MATCH FOR ME, AND WE WILL DIE FOR EACH OTHER IF WE WILL GO FAR AWAY TO EACH OTHER, I HAD ALREADY COMMITED TO SUICIDE WITH HER IF WE GO SAPERATE   TO EACH OTHER, HER AGE IS 24 YRS. AND MY AGE IS 27 YEARS. AND I AM DOING GOOD JOB IN MY CITY SO ANY PROCEDURE OR LAW IN OUR COUNTRY TO MERRAIGE TO COUSIN

SO PLEASSSSSSSSSSSS ANY BUDY HELP US OTHERWISE WE WILL QUIT OUR LIFE

HELP US URGENTLY

I REQUESTING TO MY WHOLE COUNTRY PEOPLE PLEASE HELP US AND I BELEIVE MY PEOPLE WILL WITH US.

Learning

7 Replies

Manish Udar (www.Mehnat.IN)     12 March 2013

Apply under special marriage act and see whether they accept your application.

Advocate M.Bhadra   12 March 2013

Section 3(g) in The Hindu Marriage Act, 1955
(g) " degrees of prohibited relationship"- two persons are said to be within the" degrees of prohibited relationship"--
(i) if one is a lineal ascendant of the other; or
(ii) if one was the wife or husband of a lineal ascendant or descendant of the other; or
(iii) if one was the wife of the brother or of the father' s or mother' s brother or of the grandfather' s or grandmother' s brother of the other; or
(iv) if the two are brother and sister, uncle and niece, aunt and nephew, or children of brother and sister or of two brothers or of two sisters; Explanation.- For the purposes of clauses (f) and (g), relationship includes-
(i) relationship by half or uterine blood as well as by full blood;
(ii) illegitimate blood relationship as well as legitimate;

(iii) relationship by adoption as well as by blood; and all terms of relationship in those clauses shall be construed accordingly.

DECREE OF PROHIBITED RELATIONSHIP------under Special Marriage Act

1. Mother

2. Father's widow (step-mother)

3. Mother's mother

4. Mother's father's widow (step grand-mother)

5. Mother's mother's mother

6. Mother's mother's father's widow (step-great-grandmother)

7. Mother's father's mother

8. Mother's father's father's widow (step-great-grandmother)

9. Father's mother

10. Father's father's widow (step-grandmother)

11. Father's mother's mother

12. Father's mother's father's widow (step-great-grandmother)

13. Father's father's mother

14. Father's father's father's widow (step-great-grandmother)

15. Daughter

16. Son's widow

17. Daughter's daughter

18. Daughter's son's widow

19. Son's daughter

20. Son's son's widow

21. Daughter's daughter's daughter

22. Daughter's daughter's son's widow

23. Daughter's son's daughter

24. Daughter's son's son's widow

25. Son's daughter's daughter

26. Son's daughter's son's widow

27. Son's son's daughter

28. Son's son's son's widow

29. Sister

30. Sister's daughter

31. Brother's daughter

32. Mother's sister

33.Father's sister

34. Father's brother's daughter

35. Father's sister's daughter

36. Mother's sister's-daughter

37. Mother's brother's daughter

Explanation.- For the purposes of this Part, the expression "widow" includes a divorced wife.

(Guest)

Legally you cannot marry her!

She was within prohibited degrees of relationship when you both were Hindus.

Therefore, after converting to Christianity, still Hindu Law will be applicable in this regard.

You cannot marry a person after conversion/adoption, whom you could not have married before conversion/adoption.

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     13 March 2013

Dear querist

There is no option in law for you. Mr. Bhadra is right and I also agree with Mr. Naik, nothing left to add

Krishna Kumar (Business)     13 March 2013

As per Minansu Bhadra stated in the reply, the following two lines are getting voilated around 30% of marriages in south india. does these marriages are valid?

35. Father's sister's daughter

37. Mother's brother's daughter

Ravi   13 July 2015

Hi, we have some issues with my wife family, they trying to keep me what they will say simply i have to paly according to them.

If I refused their words they will irrespect and my wife and her mother will use vulgarism and try to hit me as well and she is between 6 to 7th week pragnant and she try to abort but i refused because she is staying with her parent their house, I dont know whether they abort or not.

She never stay with our parants max about 4 days. within the two year,

How can i get the information and what can i do as she is not speaking with me.

I am not able to go their house because they informed their village they will hit me.

Ravi   13 July 2015

Hi, we have some issues with my wife family, they trying to keep me what they will say simply i have to paly according to them.

If I refused their words they will irrespect and my wife and her mother will use vulgarism and try to hit me as well and she is between 6 to 7th week pragnant and she try to abort but i refused because she is staying with her parent their house, I dont know whether they abort or not.

She never stay with our parants max about 4 days. within the two year,

How can i get the information and what can i do as she is not speaking with me.

I am not able to go their house because they informed their village they will hit me.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register