LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

lisareser15   24 February 2020

I need help and advice.

Hello! I'm new to this forum. I need your advice. My husband left me for the sake of another woman and said that he wants to file for divorce. However, not so long ago I found out that I was pregnant, but he didn't want to recognize our child and said that my pregnancy wouldn't change his decision. He also said he wanted to save money on divorce and file for divorce online on https://floridaonlinedivorce.com/. Tell me, if he does, can I sue him for a child who hasn't yet been born and receive alimony for him? I really don't know where else to turn for advice.

Learning

3 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     25 February 2020

You have absolute rights intact.Just file for maintenance of yourself and your child, Divorce is not so easy and he has to contest it properly; You just don't be scared he is just demoralising you. You have the birth certificate of your child  with his name in the fathers column and you are his legally wedded wife so don't be scared. Just file application before the court under section; 125 CrPC claim maintenance for yourslef and your child,he has to provide maintenance.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     26 February 2020

Where do you belong to , i.e., your location in India or abroad ??

Hard copy of divorce petition has to be filed in person or through lawyer in India in the Court where jurisdiction is invoked.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     26 February 2020

It is advisable to consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for better appreciation of facts/ documents, professional guidance and necessary proceeding.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register