LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sibsankar Datta (Freelance)     07 May 2018

I have not commenced any business but got gst registration

I have not commenced any business but got GST registration on 23/09/2017. What are my obligation on return filing for NIL business which is for selling through online? What are the returns to be filed and what are the due dates for filing NIL returns for me. Literally I have not commenced any business and not filed any return. I have selected for Quarterly filing of returns.

Please provide guidance.

Learning

6 Replies

manoj   07 May 2018

you no need to file returns on GST. As per your query you obtained only GST number to start business. But your businees not yet commenced. After starting business you can pay GST for current year and you can mention the situation in this regard that though you obtained GST but business was started only from Since *****. you need not necessary to file nil returns for GST.

v.e.manoj kumar 

advocate

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     07 May 2018

There are number of liaision officers and open portal for giving such authentic guidance.  Please contact those officers or tax consultant for proper advises.

Devinder Jain (TAX PRACTIONER)     07 May 2018

Even in case of Nil Turnover it is mandatory to file return under the GST REGIME.

Even in case of Nil Turnover it is mandatory to file return under the GST REGIME.

CA Ankit R Momaya (Manager)     16 May 2018

Return has to be filed once GST Registration is obtained even if there is no Business i.e. NIL Turnover

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register