Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajendra (Sr Project Manager)     10 July 2012

I have issued stop payment, consequences

Hello, I am Rajendra, from Pune.

About 2 years back I purchased a bunglow from a city builder costing about Rs 70 Lac. The possesion date as per agreement was 31 March 2011, but Builder gave me keys only in Jan 2012, after a long delibration and meeting over some substandard work and incomplete work ( I completed all payments as per registered agreement).

Additionaly, He blackmailed me, whlie giving possesion and took a letter that I owe him some amout on account of additional work and he has now custody of 12 Cheques of Rs 20000 each payable on 5 th of every month till March 2013 and then only allowed me to enter my house.

After entering home, I found their are 4 major issues. 2 belongs to non completion of 2 work item ( included in agreement specifications) amounting apprx. Rs 1 Lac and 2 manufacturng /product defects which may cost me to correct for Rs 50, 000. I spoked to him many times (even exchanged some emails before possesion , Jan 2012 but not after that) but he is not attending them and I hence issued a stop payment to Bank for these cheques.

Now he is threatening me to present cheques in bank and take legal action if not honored. Pl help me what shall I do now?

Thank a very much for Replies...

Regards,

Rajendra

Learning

2 Replies

Sanyam Malhotra (Advocate)     10 July 2012

serve a legal notice through an advocate and then move consumer forum

Sanyam Malhotra (Advocate)     10 July 2012

serve a legal notice through an advocate. then stop his cheque payments. then move consumer forum and attach a copy of the notice sent. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register