Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhimanyu Bind (Account & Audit Assistant)     22 October 2019

I got overcharged by vendor on old delhi railway station

Dear Experts,

I got overcharged on printed MRP by Amul Vendor in Old Delhi Railway Station premises, somehow I managed to get a copy of bill. I lodged a complaint immediately on Railway Complaint Tolll free No. 139 but complaint closed same day without contacting (which was promised during the process of lodging complaint).

My question is, who is the responsible party in this against whom a complaint in can be lodged in consumer forum?

1) It is Railway itself.

2) IRCTC who serves as catering partner, ticket booking partner for railway

3) The Amul Vendor itself

Thank you.

PS: Overcharging on railway platforms is a common issue, even though providing bill is mandatory now but still many are not providing and if you insist for it then they simply deny to sale their products or services to you.

Learning

2 Replies

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     23 October 2019

If you file a complaint before the consumer court, you can name all of them as opposite parties. You will have to make as many copies of the complaint. If you complain before the Consumer Forum, it will be a small amount for all the botheration. Also the practice will not stop.

1 Like

(Guest)
Complaint can be filled against all of them in consumer forum.
You will be needing the bills and reasonable amount of patience if you wish to persue the same.

Regards
satyammishra181@gmail.com
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register