LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Giridhar   30 September 2015

Husband harrasing

I am 31 year old woman. I am physically handicapped, Govt. Employee.

Inspite of being physically handicapped i try to do all the domestic works to the satisfaction of my inlaws and husband. I have two kids a boy of 3 years and a girl of one year. My mother in law used to take care of my boy when me and my husband go to our jobs (both govt. servants). But when I delivered a baby girl, since then she is hating the girl child and used to scold very frequently that she is very bad to family. My husband knew that his mother is disliking the girl child, but he never questions his mother. Since few months I am being tortured by saying that I am physically handicapped and no use to them. I was also being abused of being from a lower caste (SC). Now even my husband also says that he has spoiled his life by marrying me and he also abuses me about my physically handicapped. Even my husband's brothers (1 elder and 1 younger) also abuses me on my back (when I will not at home, came to know by maid). Now a days my husband is beating me.

One day I decided to go to my mothers house. My husband's family  threatened my that if i wont come in 2 days back it could lead to serious matter.

But I am not happy to go there and listen all the words. My son is with them only. I want to take him back to me.

Kindly suggest me what next step should I take.

Is there any possibility of filing a case on them. If so, on what grounds I should file and how to take back my son.

Learning

4 Replies

Adv. Sagar R. Jadhav (Proprietor)     30 September 2015

You can file Domestic Violence case in court and obtain required reliefs in respect of the same against your husband and his parents.

Giridhar   30 September 2015

Thank you for your advise

Atur Chatur (LAWYER ADVOCATE NOT REQD BECAUSE I FIGHT MYSELF PARTY-IN-PERSON (aturchatur@yahoo.com))     30 September 2015

Just reading few lines about you, my advise for all the women of India who want to leave their husband.

- if u want to leave your hubby then just leave him but do not file any case on them. instead just think what you want & file that only. for instance:- if he could be violent just seek injunction. you need not file maintenance etc from husband neither false police complaints because the former will trouble you to prove violence & the latter will put p[ressure on you also as in the long run if case turns out to be false then your conviction is half as likely as that of husband if he could be implicated as per 211 ipc r/w 506 & 511.

- just leave the spouse & file injunction. that's it

- after that if he does stalking then file stalking. whatever he does you file that under IPC but do NOT file false case & live peacefully. live & let live.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     30 September 2015

Don't opt for legal solutions at this stage from the ill advices of UR near and dear as it would further ruin the relations and lives of both of U.Tyr for mediation and counselling by involving elders and relatives of both the families and let us presume there could be a patch up of differences and a favourable reunion.I don't suggest break up of marital life as it will certainly have an impact on Ur children.Hence act accordingly.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register