Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prashant R   16 October 2015

Husband deserting wife.

Dear All,

Let me explain the case in brief and then put my questions :

My parents have an estraged relationship for alomost a decade now. But my mother kept visiting my father's house occassionally in the hope that things may change for good sometime. She last vistied 6 months ago. Though normally she stays with me and my brother in Delhi. Whenever she visits my father's house he completely neglects her and ask her not to come back again to the house.

My father has retired 2 yrs ago. The place where he was living till now was a rented accomodation and now he is shifting to a diffrent place (dont know where). He called up my mother 2 days ago and asked her to collect all her stuff else he will sell it off or dispose it off.

It was a clear indication that he is abondoning his obligation to maintain and support his wife. As of now we are not worried about maintenance. We want to know .........

Questions :

What can we do to stop him from doing this ?

Can we go to police ? If yes, then

What type of complaint shall we lodge ?

What will police do in such a case ?

Thanks

PR

Learning

4 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     16 October 2015

Your mother can file a maintenance case u/s 125crpc on your father.you cant file a police complaint just because he is leaving home.you also have the option of filing dv case and ask for right to residence.

slakshmanrao (accounts officer)     17 October 2015

As a Retired Official,he needs to intimate the change of address to the Office from which has had earlier retired.Before this basic requirement is completed,the organisation concerned may not entertain the family.However,the nominee has to approach the organisation concerned,duly explaining the relief required in writing and wait for the reply.Based on reply the legal route can be resorted if considered necessary.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     17 October 2015

Act as per the advice of Adv Saravanan

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     21 October 2015

As advised by learned advocates, your mother can file a DV case seeking residential rights in his house wherever he resides, besides maintenance for her sustenance. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register