LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RAMESHWAR (am)     20 May 2015

Hr harassment

I work with a reputed bank in bangalore. Recently i had applied a transfer to my home town citing my parents health. I had been transferred and released by my supervisor other than my HR manager.. As my transfer had been initiated all my supervisors and line of authority was changed to the supervisors in my home town. I had gone on leave for a wedding to my hometown and was asked by the HR managers junior to join there directly. Hence with the oral approval of the HR managers junior i had joined there. after a week when my HR had resumed office he questioned my joining at my hometwon and asked me to join back here in bangalore. He has blocked my system without any notice, and on finding out i have been told that the ID can be blocked only in 2 cases , one if i am absconding - which i wasnt as i was reporting there in my home town and secondly if i have done some fraud which my past records have stated that i am very clear on those grounds. The HR manager is harassing me and even has taken an apology letter threatening me with a termination. I have all the mails documented which say that the HR managers junior was aware of the verbal communication that she had given me to join which she is backing out from now as she is afraid to lose her job. Request your kind help how to legally bring the HR mnager to notice as it is a clear case o harassment by them as all managers are aware of the case but making me the scrapegoat to save their skins. 

Learning

5 Replies

bsrao   20 May 2015

Is this a private bank? .

How did the other branch accept your joining if they were not informed of your joining there? No one can report to another branch with out any approval from up above. 

You must have a union. Go to them. They'll take care of it.

You have no evidence for a case of harassment. If you do not like the current one, go to another bank.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     21 May 2015

When we have to work and spend most of time at work place, some meaningful compromioses are necessary, taking into consideration career prospects.  Transfers are at the discretion of management.  Do obey the orders first if peace of mind is your priority.  Bank jobs are very sensitive in nature, and it is very easy to charge any employee and when the attitude of a superior is known, do not give scope for further chance to them for aggravating.

If you do not report, it amounts to insubordination.  First report and then decide.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     21 May 2015

You have posted that:

----"I had been transferred and released by my supervisor other than my HR manager.. As my transfer had been initiated all my supervisors"

If there is a record then it is with you. As per you the HR manager was only to relieve and complete some documents.

Is HR manager authority to sanction transfer?

----"The HR manager is harassing me and even has taken an apology letter threatening me with a termination."

If you did not err then you should not have signed the apology letter. Do you have its copy?

If you have complete record to establish coercion,pressure etc then you may succeed in fight however it shall affect you since the HR person is now vindictive and may turn discriminative......

Moreover even if you join back it is a possibility that you may not be able to stay or stay peacefully.

If you think you can't stay peacefully then negotiate and handle the situation so that you are able to join other reputed establishment with clean record...................

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     24 May 2015

This appears to be an ego issue among the top management staff of the bank for which you have been victimised. You can seek the intervention of the top brass to solve the issue or approach the issue legally through your lawyer.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     24 May 2015

The HR manager has extracted the apology letter to keep his/her slate clean.

If you wish you can apply your rapport,goodwill,and skills of reasoning,persuasion,persistence,negotiation to resolve the matter and even escalate to good offices of MD,Chairman,HR head..........................

However such matters should be handled with utmost care.

Since you are in the establishment and closest to the facts you alone need take this call.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register