LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

How wifes' are encouraged by society to file S. 498a IPC

Since I had nothing to do recently on a long haul flight , I started seeing this slapstick old comedy called Raja Babu on Youtube. I am seeing this stupid film for the first time . 

I was STUNNED to see how Karishma Kapoor uses the False allegations of giving DOWRY and misuses Anti dowry law ( IPC S. 498a) to stop Govinda's marraige to another girl. A wife can go to any level which means....

Below is the link to Youtube video. The section is between the times 1:34:00 to 1:38:00. Just forward the video to these times to start the marraige scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLqQ9HGt4FA&feature=rec-LGOUT-exp_fresh+div-1r-2-HM

She (Karishma ) brings the poilce to Govinda's marraige and then falsely claims that his father did not allow her marraige to him because her father was not able to pay Rs 50 lakhs dowry ( Imagine 50 lakhs in 1994 !! ). The police does not believe Govinda's father... 

I am sure many apart from me have seen this very famous film , and we all thought this is just a joke done by a woman desperately in love with a man and we all applauded and sympathized with her.  We also believed whatever she has done is the right thing to get back her love . This was till it happened with us !! Then our world collapsed on us . It did nt remain a joke and there was no woman who loved us , instead we had women baying for our blood. 

Since Ashutosh (a LCI member) always tells readers that Indian wive's are un - educated, comes from villages and can never do anything wrong hence this Movie re-watching is a must in today's times.

All in all I could not believe my eyes that 498a misuse was shown openly way back in 1994 and made to appear funny. It was just that there was no mass awareness then on the misuse in those days. If you have guts to stop my misuse awareness campaign then welcome otherwise move your butts and show both sides to public then comment any further..........

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register