LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

NM (j)     27 April 2017

How to start cross examination?

Dear All 1. My wife filed a Divorce petition in Ajmer under cruelty. 2. I replied it, and we both filed MUTUALLY under HMA 13B. 3. After getting all the streedhan, she put a 498a/406 against me and my brother. The chargsheet has already been filed under 498a against me while rest of sections was dropped. Thereafter the Mutual petition under HMA 13B was jointly withdrawn because of non-withdrawl of cases. 4. She again filed a revised Divorce petition under Cruelty, for which I have already replied. 5. just recently she has done her with evidences in the court. (What she told in Court now is different from what she has written in her petition in the court earlier). 6. Now the stage has come for me to CROSS EXAMINATION HER. The cross examination will be done as per her evidences in court or Can I cross her as per the written petition submitted by her also? Should I ask my Cross questions as per chronological order of her evidences in court ? What should I do now; I am fighting my Divorce case at my OWN.

Learning

2 Replies

stanley (Freedom)     27 April 2017

@ Author 

In cross examination you can ask questions which are not even mentioned in her petition and not necessary that they have to be in chronological order . To get the truth out you have to hit around the bush without she expecting that you are going to strike the target into admitting her false allegations . 

NM (j)     28 April 2017

Thanks Sir, Can I call her Parents or any of her relatives in family court to cross examine and How and preferably at what stage?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register