Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

How to serve cheque bounce notice to the runaway borrower ?

How to serve a notice of cheque bouncing in Delhi/India to the borrowers who has left his address?

I lent Rs. 70000/- to one of my friends two months back,he issued me a cheque of the same amount as a guarantee,now suddenly he has run away with his family.I wanna start a case of cheque bouncing against him.How I will serve him the notice and start this case ? We have copy of his Voter Card declaring his old address from where he has run away.Can we send the notice to that address and Will the court consider the notice served even if it will be reported that the borrower has left that premises? Is not it a duty of the borrower to furnish his new whereabouts to me,absence of which should he not be considered a defaulter itself and declared a fugitive?

Learning

1 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     15 May 2010

Mere sending of notice does not make any help to NI Act case, it requires service of notice. To serve the notice paper publication is best in leading news paper.  YOu do one thing send the notice to his address and publixh the same notice in the paper.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register