Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

How to recover your lost mobile phone?

LEGAL RIGHTS: HOW TO TRACK YOUR STOLEN MOBILE PHONE

First step, you have to understand and assert your legal rights. Start by filing a First Information Report (FIR) at the nearest police station. Don’t forget to mention each and every detail of the incident, in the FIR. Secondly, approach your service provider, with a copy of the FIR. You may go to any authorized center, of your service provider. Following your application, the company will block your Subscriber Identity Module (SIM) card, so that no one can misuse your number.  

The International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number plays an important part, in tracking back your mobile handset. The IMEI number is an international identity number, which is unique to every mobile handset. No two mobile handsets can have identical IMEI number. It is a 15 digit number, which acts as a digital finger print. Further, the IMEI number can identify the model and location of the handset, every time it is used.  

The IMEI number is usually printed in the compliance plate of the battery. Further, the IMEI number is flasshed on most mobile phones, by dialing * # 0 6 #. The IMEI numbers are allotted by bodies authorized by GSM Association. This helps the police to track down your handset easily, with the help of the IMEI number. 

Learning

2 Replies

greenbob (seller)     12 July 2013

I just download the ox mobile spy and have a try, yes, just within five minutes, i receive test messages i send and received even deleted, call histroy, contact list and apps installed, completely and swiftly.

cyberlawyer (barrister)     14 October 2013

What in case if the offender is using the mobile without a SIM. Todays mobilephones have more utility than just calling. 

IMO, until the equipment is operated with the SIM card or with GPS on its impossible to trace the mobile. 

Only when the IMEI gets bound with the IMSI (SIM)  could the mobile be tracked. I have seen handsets which cannot be operated without a SIM. 

But i doubt the current generation smartphones have this feature... 

Any objections ?...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register