Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

parthi (BA)     14 June 2010

How to recover amount of a bounced cheque and is 8 monthsold

Dear Friends,

I got 2 cheques from one of my friend one dated  7th Aug 2009 and other one 7th Sep 2009.

When i deposited the Aug month cheque it bounced due to insufficient fund, when i inquired with my friend he told me to deposit again. Second time also it bounced back.

When i thought of submitting a notice, he promised on his 2 year old son to give the money back on March 2010 without fail and not to trouble him till then.

I didnt deposit the both the cheques after that and neither did send notice.

Now after June 2010 also , he is not paying the amount.

Please guide since the cheques are almost 11 Months old and bounce happened 11 months back, will i be able to get the amount in any ways.

If not criminal case file, any provision to recover the amount. Amount of both cheques put together is around 25k.

I am actually in much need of the amount.

Its my mistake believing his promise on his 2 year old son and waited so long that the cheques have expired.

Please guide to recover the amount. I do have both the cheques with me.

Thanks in advance for the guidance i receive.

Regards,

Parthi.

parthi.ar@gmail.com

Learning

6 Replies

RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (LAWYER AT BUDHIRAJA & ASSOCIATES SUPREME COURT OF INDIA)     14 June 2010

Dear Parthi,

U can file a summary suit for the recovery of that cheque amount under order 37 CPC. For more details and help u can call me at 9871158578/8010167534

RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (LAWYER AT BUDHIRAJA & ASSOCIATES SUPREME COURT OF INDIA)     14 June 2010

And please mind it u can file the same within three years of the dates of the cheques.

Basavaraj (Asst, Manager-Legal)     15 June 2010

Yes what RAKHI BUDHIRAJA has told is coorect, I do agree with her advise. Prathi without dealy you may contact RAKHI BUDHIRAJA to get the releif.

Regards

BASAVARAJ.R

parthi (BA)     15 June 2010

Thanks for the suggestions.

The cheques bounced belong to Bangalore HDFC bank and the account where i deposited these cheques are from Bangalore as well.

Now i am resident in chennai, so I am now looking out for a chennai based lawyer who can help me on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Parthi

parthi (BA)     15 June 2010

Thanks much.

As you suggested looking out for a lawyer in chennai who can help me on this.

Tx and Regards,

Parthi

Ravikant Soni (LAWYER IN JAIPUR)     16 June 2010

file civil suit.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register