how to get fire certificate with loss due to fire


We are located on backside of the 20 feet tall scrap godown located . 10 days before Major Fire in that scrap godown.. my house was behind the godown and one more house adjacent to the godown are badly affected. near one lakh damage for us. 

3 hrs of fire and 3 fire vehicles quenched the fire in godown. after controlling there fire in our house got quenched automatically. We dont know that we have to inform abt the fire in person to fire rescue team that there is damages in our house too. they are not able to see the damages from that godown as the godown was enclosed by 20 feet high tin sheets. on 28th feb 2019 we went to fire rescue and asked for the fire certificate including the damages to our building .they said its all recordered , u have to inform on the day of fire, now not possible to add. 

we dont know that we should approach fire rescue in  person to get our damages due to fire to get recorded in the fire certificate. In this scenerio please tell how to get the fire certificate including damages to our house?

Fire officer also say that they will  issue the general  fire certificate only to that land owner and old scrap business owner and not to us.

Moreover the Scrap Godown is in residential area. District fire officer inspected and gave clear report that the place of location is in way of risk to the residents nearby. and further no action was taken after that by anyone.

On the day of construction of the godown itself we objected and the land lord of that place just shouted its his place and he will do anything. Even the old scrap business also never listened to us and he started the business with th e landlord support.

there was no proper license was obtained for that godown to carry on that business.

damages in my house: two overhead tanks got affected.4 trees burnt, walls cracked , windows cracked, terrace cracked.

Total Value of Damge is Rupees one lakhs for us.

on the night time of fire accident we gave a written complaint of the same and police told to include the total value of damages .but after two days we gave same with compensation request. they said the party is not ready for that. they gave a general FIR filed by scrap shop owner about the incident .  we gave online complaint and and till now 3 days over.. no progress till now.

Please KINDLY tell us how we should move with this situation to get fire certicate and FIR filed for our damages AND THERE BY HOW TO GET THE COMPENSATION IF POSSIBLE?

Without all this, not possible to get the insurance claim amount also. Insurance gives only small part of the claim . So i would like to get the rest of the amount as compensation from the respective party.

Please guide us in this case....

Thanks & Regards,



1. Too long a story, no time to go through and oblige.

2. It would be better to consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for better appreciation of facts, guidance and proceeding.

3. However, if you are located in Delhi/NCR and feel so, may contact me (on appointment) at: Ch. No 647, Lawyer's Chamber Block, Dwarka Courts Complex, New Delhi-110075 email:    Cell # 9891152939


Retired employee.

You can always get a copy of Fire certificate and CCTV footage under RTI Act.  Depending on the facts your lawyer may advise you further course of action and you have to move swiftly and if it is not disturbed you ought to have taken photographs after fire accident, and also preserved the receipts.  If the fire officers stopped the fire at your premises, they are under obligation to mention about the loss to self and others in the certificate.  Atleast preserve news paper reports.  Ultimately, it is your own local advocate who can guide you ultimately.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu