how to get divorce

Respecte Sir,

Please guide me… My wife filed divorce by mentioning that we have demanded dowry of Rs.2 lac and we still have stri dhan of worth Rs.10 Lac.

More than 3 years have been passed still I am fighting false 498a I have all the evidences with me but now I also want to get divorce but she is refusing it by demanding Rs.2.5 lac.

Court ordered me to pay interim maintenance of Rs.2500.

My lawyer suggested me go for X party by not attending hearings as a result you will get divorce also he said court will not bound you to pay anything to girl.

Please guide me How can I get divorce when she is not ready for 13B and still wanting Rs.2.5 lac.

How can family court help in this regard?? How much amount court will ask me to pay as currently I am jobless

legal advisor

dont budge to her pressure.fight the case on merits.dont stop the maintenance continue it and maintain proof of it

if she is not willing for mcd you have no other option but to contest the divorce case.since she had filed the divorce case the burden of proof would lie on her.

even if you are jobless you have to pay maintenance



Dear, If you have food case on merits then contest your case on merits and stop asking her for divorce again and again.... Because the more you ask the more her rate will increase ... Kapil Chandna Adv 9899011450

Your advocate's advice is practical and least expensive.  But  you should pay maintenance of Rs.2500/- till she gets remarried.


Thanks a ton for your suggestion sir... more than 3 years have been passed and i want to restart my life again.

But what will be the consequences in ex parte on me. What decision will court take on ex parte??




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu