Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ganesh Kumar (Software Developer)     16 March 2017

How to get currency replaced in bank

Hi,

I hold an account with RBL bank. I tried to withdraw cash from a nearby Andhra Bank Cash Deposit Machine. When I swiped my card and entered a denomination of 500 the machine suggested me to try 2000 as 500 wasn't available. Now the machine has issued me a partially torn Rs 2000 note and hasn't issued any printed receipt which is a common problem with ATMs and CDMs. I took the note and went to the bank to exchange the note the very next day (today). The cashier there refused the possibility of the happening and asked me to talk to the manager, so I waited for the Branch manager and when I met him he started explaining me about the machine's working. The fact is that the machine did issue me a torn note and they are very convinced that machine cannot do wrong. As a first step, I have filed a complaint in the grievance redressal of the Andhra Bank on the internet. What else can I do to recover my loss? It is really inconvenient that the branch manager did not even consider to look at the video record obtained from the ATM location.

Please advice.

Learning

1 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     31 October 2018

By this time you could have got your grievance resolved, I hope.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register