Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

waradan r n (Private)     04 January 2011

How to find any litigation in document?

Hai,

I am from Chennai. I am planning to buy a land from Madurai near Thirumangalam. It is layout land. The real estate agent has POA, at the time of registration land owner will come to SRO like that told. How do i know whether the land owner is true, any litigation in the land... What are all the steps i have to do before register this land. I have past 30 years EC, Patta copy, chitta by the name of Land Owner... This is enough to trust the land is no litigation? Kindly clarrify me soon.

Thanks in Advance

Waradan

Learning

4 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     04 January 2011

Before you buy a plot, check these -

• Whether the plot is non-agricultural(N/A) and has a clear title.
  • Check whether the seller has a right over the property.
  • Verify whether the layout has been approved by the City Development Corporation and the local body. (Copy of approved layout can be obtained from the City Development Corporation CMDA for a nominal fee)
  • Verify whether the plan has been prepared according to the development control rules.
  • Check whether the details of approved plan have been displayed at the site.
  • Ensure that planning permission and building approval has been obtained from City Development Corporation from the local body concerned.

It is always advisable to hire a lawyer to verify all the above points before you purchase a plot. But if you are taking a bank loan for buying plot, in that case the bank always does a due diligence and verification before granting a loan. This is always a better option as the verification done by a bank is very robust and reliable. You can still go ahead and verify the documents with a lawyer for your own confirmation.

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     04 January 2011

If you have EC for 30 years till date and also verify who is going to register ? the POA or the Owner himself/herself

Other thing verify with all the revenue records and check it out with a Lawyer.

This will do

SACHIN AGARWAL (ADVOCATE)     04 January 2011

Mr. Vishal is right.

kiran 11111 (Executive)     14 January 2011

Better hire a lawyer (local) who will atke care ao all these things. But title search, paper notice of intended purchase , inviting objections for lodging claims against property , perusing record of rights paper, local enquiry, visit and enquiry at Village accountant /local body office will protect you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register