Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hita   27 August 2019

How to fight for maintenance when husband is a businessman?

my husband is a businessman (self-employeed), he is the major shareholder in the company, but he shows all his expenses under business expenses.  He provide self salary but very less. 

1) Does court sees that he is mis-using his position of director to avail travel abroad, purchase many things in name of his company?

2) Does court  while awarding maintainence also see his business share, business assets, intangible assets, company exepansion, number of employees in his company, etc?

3) can he say my standard of living is low, but he regularly gift himself with foreign business tours, as he himself is director?

I have seen many cases where husband is employee in some company, but here my husband is self employed and i want to know whether he can tweak anything in order to live a lavish life under the pretext that all his parties, foregign tours and etc are his business needs.

Learning

1 Replies

Shashi Dhara   27 August 2019

File suit for maintenance and give proper evidence that he has more income the court will decide the maintenance amount. Don't hesitate to go court. Try Ur best

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register