Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mihir Biswal   08 July 2016

How to expedite an anticipatory bail hearing

Hi Experts,

We have filed an anticipatory bail in Calcutta high court on the first week of May with the help of a lawyer. Two months passed but there is no progress on this. I have been following up with the lawyer and checking the online cause list every day but not getting any clear idea about when my case will be taken up by the court.

I want to know in which sequence court takes the matters. My case is within the top thirty of anticipatory bail list but court is not taking the cases sequentially starting from one, rather cases filed after me are taken up. I told my lawyer to mention my case several times and he is saying he did that but still there is no progress.

I just want to know how court takes the cases.  Why my case is not taken up and others who have filed after me are being taken up?

Thanks,

Mihir

Learning

4 Replies

RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (LAWYER AT BUDHIRAJA & ASSOCIATES SUPREME COURT OF INDIA)     08 July 2016

FIRST OF ALL, TELL ME WHETHER U R SURE THE ANTICIPATORY BAIL APPLICATION HAD BEEN FILED OR NOT?

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     08 July 2016

Sir, 

You better mention on behalf of your lawyer. 

Warm Regards 

Kapil Chandna Advocate 

Mihir Biswal   08 July 2016

Hi Rakhi,

Yes, I am sure. I can see my case number on the cause list. Also I was there in the court with my lawyer when this was filed.

Hi Kapil,

This means I can go alone without my lawyer and mention that on behalf of my lawyer. I was thinking that only lawyers can only mention. If this is possible then I will do this for sure.

I have one more question. Is it possible to know from the online cause list that which cases are mentioned and will be taken up first on a particular day?

Thanks,

Mihir

Shekhar (Proprietor)     09 July 2016

Hi. Mr. Biswal, for anticipatory bail, do not go to court. Let it be fought by your lawyer. Secondly, as far as case listing in court is concerned, tell your lawyer to complain to registrar of high court. Shekhar
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register