Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sara Patel (job)     10 July 2017

How to change name in birth certificate for 3 months baby

Hello All,

I am Sara from Vadodara, i am blessed with baby boy in 25-Feb-2017 at some xyz hospital in Bharuch Gujarat,

i have filled birth registration form within 21 days for my baby  with name "Shahil" and after week we have decide to change name to 'Shahid' , for this i have visited muncipal office and request chef officer for change name from "Shahil" to "Shahid" but he was refused my aaplication to change name, i have also give affidative for the same but they are refused and told me that there is rule for not change name once registerd, what can i do for the same, is there any law for not changed name, please replay me as soon as possible.

i have given affidatavite at 30 march (within 35 days of birth).

Learning

2 Replies

Raveena Kataria (Advocate )     10 July 2017

Please note, the name of the child in the birth certificate cannot be changed once after it has been registered. However, you can make an application for changing the name of the child which would be a bit of a lengthy process. (Going to the notary office of your district, executing an affidavit for name-change, having it published in any two local newspapers, and also having it published in the official gazette.)
1 Like

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     10 July 2017

No change of name. You have to fill an application for name correction. It is available in the concern municipal office. Application for name correction and application for name change is different. See the difference between them. so you apply for name correction. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register