Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arun Kumar (Engineer)     16 September 2014

How to cancel false marraige certificate

Hi,

To avoid hassle in future from our families in our marriage , last year Me and my girl friend took marriage certificate from registrar office showing some false documents and pics (to proof that marriage happened by hindu rituals). But in reality no marriage happened. Even at the marriage date mentioned on our certificate, she was not in the place mentioned in certificate. she was out of the city.

After that i went to onsite for job purpose. To get my GF here, i also went to add her name as wife name in my passport using the marriage certificate.

Now because of our personal issues, we decided to get seperated but question is our marriage registration and entry in my passport.

what is the best way other than filling divorce to get rid of this situation without families know about it, please suggest...

Learning

5 Replies

(Guest)

You faked your own marriage and got caught in it?  ha ha ha.  What a kind of fool you should be!  Instead of using your oversmartass, apply for divorce to get a divorce decree.  Other methods like trying to think of destroying marriage certificate, passport etc are of no use.  You will end up in more trouble if you have  thought of getting rid of your wife by killing or kidnaping her.  You seem to be out of your mind right now, and may end up thinking or doing the above too.  I warn you not to do anything stupid as described  above.  File for mutual consent divorce and you can be a free man in 6 months to 18 months time.  Just if your luck turns sour, and your wife wont wish to give you MCD, and wishes to contest the divorce, then you will get divorce after 7-8 years.  

It appears that for both of you marriage is child's play, thank the Indian Judicial system, it will teach you proper lesson to both of you for taking marriage so lightly.

1 Like

Sameer12345 (SSE)     16 September 2014

@queriest

There is nothing like "cancelation of marriage certificate" in the law.

It is merely a proof of marriage. i.e valid marriage or invalid marriage.

Marriage certificate can be made void by terminating marriage via court and for that you have to obtain Decree of Divorce or Decree of Nullity of Marriage from court.

Other facts are best known to you.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     13 October 2014

Originally posted by : Helping Hand !

You faked your own marriage and got caught in it?  ha ha ha.  What a kind of fool you should be!  Instead of using your oversmartass, apply for divorce to get a divorce decree.  Other methods like trying to think of destroying marriage certificate, passport etc are of no use.  You will end up in more trouble if you have  thought of getting rid of your wife by killing or kidnaping her.  You seem to be out of your mind right now, and may end up thinking or doing the above too.  I warn you not to do anything stupid as described  above.  File for mutual consent divorce and you can be a free man in 6 months to 18 months time.  Just if your luck turns sour, and your wife wont wish to give you MCD, and wishes to contest the divorce, then you will get divorce after 7-8 years.  

It appears that for both of you marriage is child's play, thank the Indian Judicial system, it will teach you proper lesson to both of you for taking marriage so lightly.

Agreed.  I will add that :-

(I) In case your wife doe snot agree as suggesed above, you may not even get a divorce.

(II) In case your wife doe snot agree as suggesed above,youmya get false 498a allegations against you and entire family with untold misery.

(III) If you ever open your month that the marriage certificate is fraudulently obtained then you go to Jail. When police will take you on remand you will speak like a parrot and reveal the name of the photographer, pandit, your friends etc who assistted you in fraud and all will be accused.

Originally posted by : Sameer12345

@queriest

There is nothing like "cancelation of marriage certificate" in the law.

It is merely a proof of marriage. i.e valid marriage or invalid marriage.

Marriage certificate can be made void by terminating marriage via court and for that you have to obtain Decree of Divorce or Decree of Nullity of Marriage from court.

Other facts are best known to you.

Agreed.  But whether your wife is ready for MCD.  Or else you have no ground for divorce.

Originally posted by : Raj123

you have to argue in court room that your marriage is INVALID. Saptapadi is important ceremony which is required in your custom to complete a marriage.

Divorce / Annulment is a CIvil case .. so no punishment....

https://www.lawweb.in/2013/09/conditions-for-valid-marriage-under.html

https://www.lawweb.in/2013/09/there-has-to-be-solemnization-of.html

https://www.lawweb.in/2013/10/admission-of-marriage-by-accused-is-no.html

Cannot agree.  You never disclosed that Saptapadi is impoprtant ritual in your custom.  In any case you might have signed an affidavit of having married delcaration on form etc and then got the certificate.

Further,  if you make a lady to believe that she is lawful wife whereas you know marriage is not valid and make herself to belive as your wife and then live with her (or attempt).  Please read  IPC S/375(d) [condition fourth]

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register