how to became real owner of adverse possessed plot

Respected Sir,

I am PM Verma 45 years old serving in Indian Air Force away from my native place, Permanently resident of Haryana State by birth, before my birth my father in 1966 has adverse possessed (captured) immovable (Plot of land) property of others persons in village, used for living  for self with family and also used for keeping animals by making concrete shades & homes for animals.This possessed property is very adjacent with our real & registered property within the limit of our total boundary wall including our real land. After death of my father in 2006 same is now under my control.

From year 1966 onward to till last one month neither real owner  has approached to my father or me nor any authority object the possession, claim as real title and  asked to vacate the possessed property.

Now, Sir, The real owner of adverse possessed property (land)  with village Sarpanch and Gram Sevak/Patwari and others some villagers approached to me to asking to vacate the adverse possessed (captured) property. I have asked them politely I am ready to purchase at present Government rate to avoid any further dispute between him and my self. I want to live friendly, don't want any type of dispute and enmity. But he is not agree and given pressure by village Sarpanch and Gram Sevak/Patwari and others some villagers.

At this juncture, as I am defence personnel, due to not having sufficient time due to service duties, unable to discussion with them repeatedly.

Now sir, I want to retain said land at any cost, because my father and I have invested very much money and emotional feelings to maintained such plot of land in good state from year 1966 onward. So I  request you all experts, Please advise me how can I became the real owner of said adverse possessed land. 

Request again to all please advise me in details with sections of related Acts.

Thank You

PM Verma

Contact and whatsapp 9113946189


For adverse possession is12yrs time for limitation .but if any one approached court no one can assure time when it ends. So file declaratoy suit along with Ur wife major son ,daughter as plaintiff parties and proceed suit.as Ur in defence Ur wife and children will conduct the case when Ur presence is necessary u approach court and lead evidence.

Deputy Manager

If the querist is in possession of the alleged immovable property for complete 12 years without any hindrance from its original owner, then file a suit in the Civil Court. You must be in physical possession of the alleged immovable property, when the court Ameen visits for inspection and report, subsequently.

Hello, Shashi Dhara and OM Prakash sir, Thank you very much for your valuable guidence.



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

Indian Evidence Act     |    x