Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Riddhi   18 May 2019

How much alimony for this case?

Namaskar,

Married for over 9 years. I have always got several differences with  in-laws and bad treatment from them. My husband has sent notice for mutual divorce based on these circumstances. Husband earns 24 lakh per year. Break in my career for 6 years due to being housewife and taking care of family. Have got a small job of 2 lakh per year currently. No children.

How much one time alimony can I demand and actually get ?

Or is it advised to get some amount as one time and some as monthly maintenance.  I have given my best to this marriage all these years, but fallen victim to low level politics of in-laws.

Thanks

Riddhi

Learning

3 Replies

Shashi Dhara   18 May 2019

If Ur earning and having no child it is hard to claim alimony if they objects so contact eminent family advocate u may claim in between 25to40lakhs to one time alimony.and also bargain if he has sufficient income more mentioned.
1 Like

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     19 May 2019

it depends your demand and his paying capacity.

Riddhi   21 May 2019

Thank you for your replies so far.

I was hoping to bargain for 80-90 Lakh one time considering the number of years I put in, and the kind of lifestyle I was used to all these years. Moreover, I think that the 2L private job and my declining career graph would be insufficient to provide for me in future, esp. considering rising medical costs etc.

What is your opinion on the amount quoted above?

Or can I get some amount say: 50 Lakh as lumpsum and rest say 25K per month as maintenance ? Is it allowed  to split the support into part alimony and part maintenance?

Thanks in advance

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register