Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Neha (Software Engineer)     23 May 2018

How many days it takes to get divorce

Hi,

One of my friend is trying to get divorce on ground of home violence. She is Muslim and has 2 daughter whom she wants to keep. She is independent financially and owns her own hose in Mumbai.

She was living with her husband till last few months but due to continous torture she decided to take it to Police and then, divorce.

How much maximum time can such cases take?

Learning

5 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     23 May 2018

A Muslim woman can apply and get divorce under the Muslim Dissolution Act in the Family Court from her bhusband on the ground of cruelty. However no fixed time frame can be stated for the completion of the entire process as it all depends how her husband takes the petition of divorce filled by the wife, if he defends that petition the time for the complete process may take number of years to decide however if he himself agree for divorce that can resolve the issue at shortest time frame.

Adv. Rakesh Martyn   23 May 2018

Originally posted by : Neha
Hi,

One of my friend is trying to get divorce on ground of home violence. She is Muslim and has 2 daughter whom she wants to keep. She is independent financially and owns her own hose in Mumbai.

She was living with her husband till last few months but due to continous torture she decided to take it to Police and then, divorce.

How much maximum time can such cases take?

If you have good advocate you can get divore in 4 months time.

Regards,

Advocate R, Martyn

(Guest)

In 5 dates your divorce case should be over.

TGK REDDI   24 May 2018

Is it easy to find a good advocate?

After all, what does good advocate mean?      Same as that advocate that has face value?

I think a wise advocate doesn't include good avocates and advocates having face value. 

TGK REDDI   24 May 2018

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register