Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

KK (asdasda)     27 December 2016

How long does it take to get a certified copy from the court

Respected Sirs,

I had filed a petition seeking divorce in court and subsequently an RCR has been filed by my wife.

I wanted to get a certified copy of both and had asked my lawyer to apply for the same. Normally how long does it take for the copy to be ready? Reading the net I gather that this shouldn't take more that a week. But despite following up very often with my lawyer, its been over a month and there is no progress. He says it may take upto 2 months to get a copy.

Does it normally take that long? Does it vary from court to court?

Thanks.

Learning

6 Replies

(Guest)
Originally posted by : KK
Respected Sirs,

I had filed a petition seeking divorce in court and subsequently an RCR has been filed by my wife.

I wanted to get a certified copy of both and had asked my lawyer to apply for the same. Normally how long does it take for the copy to be ready? Reading the net I gather that this shouldn't take more that a week. But despite following up very often with my lawyer, its been over a month and there is no progress. He says it may take upto 2 months to get a copy.

Thanks.

What to do, people like you are many, lot of cases and everybody needs copy copy copy.  Copying section is working day and night to provide you guys copy.  They will do so on first come first serve basis.  Have patience.  It’s a long tunnel and you are just begun.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     27 December 2016

Certified copy is not required. Generally whenever any petition is filed in the court of law, a copy of the same served to other party lawyer. Ask your lawyer the copy of the petition. 

Sachin (N.A)     27 December 2016

Respected Sirs,

Thanks.

Why you hired a lawyer for you who is not even capabale to get certified copy from court, go get it yourself or send a peon or anyone to get it.

Originally posted by : Helping Hand !

Respected Sirs,

Thanks.

What to do, people like you are many, lot of cases and everybody needs copy copy copy.  Copying section is working day and night to provide you guys copy.  They will do so on first come first serve basis.  Have patience.  It’s a long tunnel and you are just begun.

Please don't mistake me.

To clarify: If it is because the courts are being overworked, I'm ready to wait.

I asked the question just because I'm not sure if it is normal that a certified copy takes as long as two months.

I don't know whats a reasonable time, so can not ascertain if this is a normal delay from the court side or something else is playing a role and I should be concerned.

I just wanted to know what the norm is.

whatnot   27 December 2016

On a long enough timeline survival rate for everyone is zero. Tyler Durden, Fight club.

Seeking justice is something similar to Fight Club movie. It is a fight with one self.

Your lawyer should a copy of your own divorce petition. You don't need another copy. Just ask him to forweard same. RCR filed by your wife, a copy would have already been sent to your last known address. Or same can be procured next hearing.

Time to sit and talk to your lawyer. He is either too busy or not doing his job.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register