Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

claws (asdf)     10 September 2010

How is Indian legal system organized?What r ur referenc buks

Hello,

I'm not any law student. I'm an Engineer. I'm aiming for becoming an IAS officer in future. So, I'm in the process of understanding India.

I've no clue about the Legal system/ Judiciary in India. (I don't the difference between these two words)

1. How is this entire system organized? I mean I know about supreme court & high courts & district courts but I also hear about something called consumer court, civil court, animal court. etc.. What more courts are there? I want to get a big picture.
  2. Who makes the law? What is there reference for law?  I guess there will be a standard set of laws that is written down somewhere. What is that? Where is it written? I mean there should be a standard like Constitution for Legislature. What is the constitution of Law? In many movies when lawyer is arguing or when the judge is giving his decision then they qoute section numbers (like IPC section 23, 43 ) I want to find that book and go through it once. Where is it available on net?
  3. Given there are so many different kinds of courts & different kinds of laws. Where would one file a case? If I want to file a case against some one what should I do? Should I go to near by court or should I go to lawer? or should I go to police station? I don't get it. What is the procedure for filing case & How Police & Lawers/courts fit into the picture?

Learning

2 Replies

claws (asdf)     12 September 2010

There are so many lawyers here. Can any one kindly reply to this?

raja athimoolam (lawyer)     03 December 2010

Hay what is your problem? your question can not be answered in few words. You have to meet a lawyer near you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register