Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sourabh Agarwal (Senior Executive)     09 July 2013

How can we cancel the country club contract.

Actually i have been dragged into the membership contract of a Country vacations membership which after i realised after making the transaction & also signed the contract. now i want to cancel the membership & revoke the transaction. i have even made a written application for the cancellation & took the acknowledgement from the company & also sent a mail to cancel the mebership,talked to the manager of thier corporate office (told get back to you in 7days).then I have also notified the cancellation to AIRDA( All india resort devlopment association which actually provide the memship to Country club).I have notified bank in 12 hours on transaction.sent details to bank.

Now can anyone suggest me how to get my contract cancelled.

I have attached the scanned copy on contracts as zip file.

Reason for cancellation

One of the major reasons why I have taken country vacations membership is because there sales team has informed me of the cooling off period .Normally, I wouldn’t buy any product without doing thorough research. However, since your sales team has specifically informed me about this cooling-off period (as detailed in AIRDA Website).I felt comfortable taking the membership without doing any background research on country vacations & country club. Please find the excerpt shown in the below from the site…

1. Cooling off period

After a purchase has been made, AIRDA recommends a cooling-off period of 10 clear working days, during which customers have the option to revoke, rescind and make void ab initio, any sales agreement entered into.

If the agreement is revoked by the buyer, the seller is committed to refund all payments made and return share certificates, title deeds or other documents handed over during signing up of sales agreement.

Link to the site is : https://www.airda.org/html/aboutus/code_ethics.html 

Secondly we realised that we cannot afford the membership of the Country vacations.

Hence we have submitted application for cancellation of the country club membership & taken the received copy of the same which is signed by the country club sales manager on the floor with company seal. Copy Enclosed hereby.

Learning

2 Replies

Usha (Not working)     12 April 2015

Hi..

I am facing the same situation. Please let me know if the membership has been cancelled??

yogesh (Software Engineer)     13 October 2017

Hi All, I recently took membership of country club in malaysia.They have branch in malaysia as well. I have informed them to cancel membership within 7 days from the first payment. But they are trying to negotiate with me and telling to continue the membership. But I want refund . Please let me know what happen in your case. Are you able to receive refund from them ? If yes how you managed to get it ?Please let me know. Regards Yogesh

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register