Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nagamanikantha   07 July 2017

How can i change fathers name in my documents?

Hi, In my birth and SSC and all educational cerificates my fathers nickName is included. Later My father changed his name to his origional one. After that my new documents like AAdhar Card and Voting card includes his original name. Now I have to make his origional name in all my certificates and documents. How can I achive this??

Thank You.

Learning

5 Replies

Arjun Kohli   07 July 2017

You can try reaching out to the Officer in-charge of the respective Board and departments from which such documents are issued. I believe your father changed his name with the due legal procedure? If so, you can take copies of the publication regarding that change of name and submit it with the relevant departments. You can also present your correct Id proofs as supporting documents,

Hi Arjun Kohli, Thank You for Your Valuable answer.

My dad was filled an affidavit with local autority(Tehasil Office) while changing his name. Now can I use that affidavit as an legal document to change his name in my documents. If yes then can it be valid in other states rather than Maharashtra as I was studied in Andhra Pradesh also.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     07 July 2017

Comply with procedure of respective Board,Univ.

Check with them.

Thank You Kumar Doab,

That will be different for different Boards.But what I am worrying about is that local body affidavit(Tehasil office) by my dad will be accepted throughout the India or not?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     07 July 2017

It was erroneous to insert nick name.

Your father might be having some documents having his real name.

If your father was a government it might have been compulsory per applicable r service rules.

Appearing with sworn affidavit before magistrate, releasing newspaper publication, gazette publication………………….are involved.

Check locally…

The govt might have kept information on its portals e.g;

https://www.stationeryprinting.tn.gov.in/service_to_public.htm

https://dgps.maharashtra.gov.in/pdf/E_Gazette_User_Manual_PDF_21.pdf

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register