LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

DR Nandkumar (Managing Director)     07 October 2010

How Much Agricultural Land a company can buy in Maharastra

1. I have purchased a 310 acres of land in Phalatan, taluka: Phaltan, District Satara, Maharastra,
    Tehsildar has sent me notice stating that I am not having a permission from Director of Industries,
    under 63 A(1), of Bombay tenancy act, and my land purchase is illegal, since I will be using this for following
    purpose
    1. Sugar Factory                120 Acres
    2. Floriculture                    144 acres
    3. Dairy farming                 036 Acres

the land is purchased on the name of company, who's objective mentioned about Sugar factory and allied products and
Agricultural activities and dairy, Now what is the solution

2. A Pvt.Limited company having a object of Agriculture, How much land can be brought by such company, wether there is any cieling of buying a agricultural Land by pvt.ltd company in maharastra exists and under what Law.

My cell No. 09819944155

Thanks

Learning

3 Replies

M. A. Khan (advocate)     09 October 2010

Section 63 of Bombay Tenancy Act put a bar on transfer of any agricultural land to a non agriculturist.  However, section 63 -1A provides provision for transfer of agricultural land for the purpose of any Industrial use, if such area is coming under Industrial zone.  If the total land exceeds 10 hecter, purchaser is required to obtain permission from Development commission of Industries.  If the land is purchase for specific Industrial  use, such user cannot be changed, and use of such land should start within five years from purchase.   There is a ceiling under Mah. Agriculture land (ceiling on holding) Act. For holding any agricultural land more than ceiling as mentioned in the schedule.

kishore nair (professor)     10 March 2012

Where and which bare act can I find the provision that a Ltd. company (whose mainobject clasue includes agricultural activites) can buy agricultural land in Maharashtra?

best wishes

Kishore Nair 9820053562

M R Shaikh (Prop)     21 January 2013

Can an partnership company can buy land 100 acres and above for  building resort and sell them

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register