LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bajaj Sinha (And)     03 October 2014

Housing society provisional committee election

Hi - We are preparing for handover of society from the builder. We have 450 units in the society. I need to understand:

1. the rule for electing provisional committee

2. do we need elections?

3. we can only have 11 members as per the size but there are more than 11 members willing to be part of committee. How do we resolve this situation? How do we elect the right people as per the law?

Would really appreciate any help and guidance you can provide.

Learning

4 Replies

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     04 October 2014

You have to elect a committee by elections. Then the Builder has to hand over its rights to the Elected committee of the society.

Bajaj Sinha (And)     05 October 2014

Thank you for your response. Are there any reckmendations which need to be followed for voting? I.e. Do we need to perform a building wise voting for selectimgg the repreaentativea or

Bajaj Sinha (And)     05 October 2014

Thank you for your response. Are there any reckmendations which need to be followed for voting? I.e. Do we need to perform a building wise voting for selecting the representatives or do we need everyone to vote and choose the top 11 reps?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     07 October 2014

You have to decide about election system, i.e., whether it can be through a open system or through secret ballot system. In a AGM, if committee members are selected through the counts raised hands and if it works out well, go ahead or choose any other option to achieve the purpose.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register