LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mahesh   13 November 2019

Housing society_dispute for noc

My flat is currently on rent, In the month of Sep 18 society members held the meeting and decided to pay Rs.1,000 per month for renovation of building over and above regular maintenance ,  i had not attended meeting and now aware of this. they sent minutes of meeting to tenant. last month i have sold the flat my maintenance is clear. Now society secretary is not ready to provide me NOC until i pay Rs.14,000 around. 

Since i have sold the flat am i liable to pay this amount ? and 
why dont they include this amount in maintenance ?
Can i file a lawsuit against society chairman/secretary ? Any provision under co operative housing society act ?
What is the minimum number of/ percengage of , members go ahead required to pass any resolution in society meeting ?

Please note i dont received any notice from the society to pay above amount after sep 18, when i sold the flat and ask for NOC they are asking to clear this amount.

I will appreciate any advice on this.

Learning

2 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     13 November 2019

Dear isssue a notice to the society provide the proof for payment of dues.Howver if you go for suit that will cost you much than that  besieds your time and energy will be consumed at par.

Just mee them and get clearified the matter and involve the buyer of your falt to.

P. Venu (Advocate)     02 December 2019

You are liable for the dues to the Society for the period when it was in your possession.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register