Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

I will Win One Day (Proprietor)     12 November 2013

Holiday between two leaves

Hi All,

In my common understanding I know holiday between two leaves is considered as a leave, but is there any legal standing for the same.

Eg. If an employee takes leave on 1st October and 3rd October, 2nd October being a government holiday will be considered as leave.

Please can you say the law which states the same.

Learning

5 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     13 November 2013

which type of leave has been applied on 1st and on 3rd.  That is vital question.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     13 November 2013

Yes, Mr.Sudhir Kumar is right, you should clarify the details while putting a query here.  If it is a casual leave, the government holiday in between will not be counted part of leave, whereas if it is Earned/Privilege/Annual leave, the holidays in between are also treated as part of leave only and not excluded.

I will Win One Day (Proprietor)     13 November 2013

Thanks for the reply sir.

The facts of the case are as follows

Sir, the October month given above was just an example.

An employee who joined the company on 04/09/2013, she had taken two days leave in October, one is earned leave and other is sick leave, the company authorized the leave.

She asked leave from 30/10/2013 to 05/11/2013 as she wanted to go to her hometown. Since she was on prohibition period, we told you can take leave for a week time.

She took unauthorized leave and went to her home town. On return she is demanding that she needs to paid for all the days salary i.e. 30/10/2013 to 05/11/2013.

As per shops and establishment act, in Karnataka we have to give five days of festival holidays and company decided to give holiday one day holiday for diwali time.

Is it legal deducting salary for the period 30/10/2013 to 05/11/2013, if yes, please can you help me with some legal citation for the same. If no, how many days salary can we deduct.

Thanks for your reply in advance.

Sadie Baker   11 September 2019

In the time when you get leave from office. In the time when you take leave from office in between your leave, you get two holidays which show you the wrong mean of your superiorpapers.com review. This kind of things you must have to check for you.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     06 October 2019

is it govt deptt/PSU or private body.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register