Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

santosh mahdeley   23 January 2016

Hma 24

my wife lodge a hma 24 plz advice me for following poing

1. she clearly mention that she was working in so an so hospital as a physiotherapist with 14k per month along with experience certificate.
  2. she also mention tha  ( ki is date ko main uasko uaske ghaar  bhopal chor aaya) but i have proof that ke perticular date ko main bhopal mai nahi tha.
  3. she state that  i am still working with 50 k ( but actually i left that job 1 year back)
  4. she is asking for ( bharan poshan for rs 20k per month)

PLZ HELP ME WHAT TO DO?  AND STRATEGY FOR FIGHTING DIS CASE

---------------------------------------------

Learning

3 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     23 January 2016

If the wife has income of Rs14K per month, she will not be allowed any more maintenance u/s 24 HMA during pendency of the divorce proceedings, but if there is child with her whose maintenance is sought that may be allowed u/s 26 HMA from the husband/father.

The income of husband that he has on date is taken in consideration, if he states he is unemployed with no income, his last income will be taken in consideration so never make this mistake by stating you are unemployed without any income, that is the biggest mistake made by most husbands in such cases, being misguided by local lawyers.

Sidharth   23 January 2016

Earning wife is not entitled to get maintenance.  

On what ground she is asking for maintenance? 

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     24 January 2016

Well the wife is entitled for a livingt equal to that she was having during marital life. If her income is less than 1/3rd UR monthly income then she may be granted the difference to that extent.Unemployment is no excuse for denying maintenance.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register