Share More

Selvaraj (Engineer)     24 April 2012

Hindu marriages act

Kindly advise me on the below:

I have a son Mr.SSS.

My sister was married to Mr.XXX.

Mr.XXX has a sister Mrs.YYY.

Mrs.YYY has a daughter Ms.DDD.

Can my son Mr.SSS marry Ms.DDD? Does the relationship between Mr.SSS and Ms.DDD fall under prohibited relationships prescribed in Hindu Marriages Act?

Moreover, Ms.DDD has been already married and applied for her divorce from her first husband and the judgment is expected soon. Is there any time frame for which the divorcee should not marry again?  

Learning

4 Replies

(Guest)

Yes its possible.

But its matter of two family lifes so don't take step at once.

think before take step.

seems its matter of love.

Rao (retd)     25 April 2012

For your son your sister is Aunt (Pinni i.e next to mother). Aunt's daughter is sister to your son.

Mr. SSS and Ms. DDD are supposed to be cousin brother and sister. No law in Hindu marriage act will acept.

Vakeel Civil Court (Director)     25 April 2012

In south India it is common to marry father's - sister (atta) daughter.

This case is one more step further i.e. father's - sister's- sister in law's daughter.

There is no prohibition as per Hindu Law.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     26 April 2012

Mr. XXX and Mrs. XXX are husband and wife being married to each other. Your son Mr.SSS is nephew of Mrs. XXX and hence her blood relation. Ms. DDD is niece of Mr. XXX and hence his blood relation. Mr. SSS and Ms. DDD belong to two different families related to each other only by marriage (of Mr. and Mrs. XXX). Mr. SSS and Ms. DDD are not even remotely blood relations, unless there is some other connection. Hence their marriage is not prohibited under Hindu Marriage Act. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register